Cycle Against Suicide Donor Charter
As a charity working hard to seek support and donations from the public, Cycle Against Suicide are now compliant with the Charities Regulator’s Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public.You can read the Charities Regulator’s Guidelines here
It is a priority of Cycle Against Suicide that we maintain the best standards when receiving donations from our generous supporters
- Our pledge is that we promise to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness
- We commit to being accountable and transparent so that our donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Cycle Against Suicide
- We promise to use donations given to us effectively.
Our promise to our donors is that we will
- Treat all donors with respect and confidentiality
- Ensure that our communications with donors is honest and transparent
- Respect our donors’ right to privacy and confidentiality
- Not subject our donors to any form of undue pressure
- Inform our donors of the work of Cycle Against Suicide, and how their donations will be used
- Use your donations in a way that preserves the dignity of the people whom Cycle Against Suicide serves.
- Handle your donations responsible and ensure they are used effectively
- Provide our most recent annual report/financial statement when requested; (Link to report on website
- Provide appropriate acknowledgement and recognition
- Inform you when those seeking donations on behalf of Cycle Against Suicide are employees, volunteers, or third party agents, as per our Disclosure Statement.
- Give prompt, truthful and forthright answers to any questions you may have about Cycle Against Suicide
All Donations will be:
- Handled with the highest level of accuracy and transparency and financial records will be kept to ensure accountability and tracking
- Applied to that purpose to which they were donated
- Acknowledged promptly, unless no acknowledgement is requested or insufficient contact details are provided
- Applied to the greatest advantage of developing awareness that ‘It is ok not to feel OK and it is absolutely OK to seek help, and for the general public education around the issues of mental health and the supports available.
- Subjected to an annual audit by a firm of independent Auditors and will be included in Cycle Against Suicide’s annual accounts filed with the Companies Registration Office (CRO)
- Used solely to deliver Cycle Against Suicide’s mission and objectives.
Cycle Against Suicide’s Staff will:
- Be polite, courteous, transparent, accurate and honest
- Respond where necessary to email letters and telephone enquiries in a prompt manner
- Achieve the highest standards of professionalism at all times
- Seek to minimise costs relating to fundraising activities
- Make it easy to ask a question or make a complaint
- Treat feedback and complaints seriously
- In the case of direct recruitment of Direct Debits, adhere to the Codes of Practice developed by the Irish Fundraising Forum for Direct Recruitment
- Adhere to the guidelines and requirements contained in the Charities Act 2009
- Comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)