Malin to Mizen Waiver Challenge – May 21st to 28th.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER OF LIABILITY, AND CONSENT TO EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT
Please read this agreement in full as it affects your legal rights. You are agreeing to assume risks; to waive all claims against Cycle Against Suicide and others; to indemnify Cycle Against Suicide and others; and to consent to emergency medical treatment.
MEDICAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND RELEASE CLAIM
- I acknowledge the health risks associated with the cycle, including but not limited to transient dizziness, lightheaded, fainting, nausea, muscle cramping, musculoskeletal injury, joint pains, sprains and strains, heart attack, stroke, or sudden death. I agree that if I experience any of these or any other symptoms during CYLE AGAINST SUICIDE’S Malin to Mizen CHALLENGE (THE EVENT), I will discontinue my participation immediately and seek appropriate medical attention.
- Further, I understand that cycling has risks that could result in serious injury or death. These risks include falling, colliding with vehicles and other cyclists, encountering road hazards like potholes and cracks, crossing train tracks, and being chased by animals, as well as bicycle failures and malfunctions. I freely and voluntarily ACCEPT ALL RISKS of injury, death, or property damage relating to my participation in The EVENT.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK.
I acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and
- I hereby knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with The Event, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties (See below).
- I hereby acknowledge that should I contract Covid-19, be deemed a close, or require to self-isolate, the responsibility of this care rests with the with the participant and next of kin.
DUTY TO SELF-MONITOR:
Participants and volunteers agree to partake on given days in Antigen testing and to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath) and, contact CYCLE AGAINST SUICIDE at caroline.lafferty@
Consent to Emergency Medical Treatment.
I consent to all emergency medical treatment that is deemed necessary by first responders and health care providers, until such time that I—or a guardian or person legally authorised to decide for me—is able to make medical decisions. I agree that I am responsible for all costs of treatment.
Assumption of Risk pertaining to cycling
. I understand that bicycling has risks that could result in serious injury or death. These risks include falling, colliding with vehicles and other cyclists, encountering road hazards like potholes and cracks, crossing train tracks, and being chased by animals, as well as bicycle failures and malfunctions. I freely and voluntarily ACCEPT ALL RISKS of injury, death, or property damage relating to my participation in The Event.
My Responsibility for Safety.
I understand that it is not the function of Event organisers to serve as guardians of my safety. I recognize that the routes chosen may be challenging, not necessarily the safest or easiest routes, and that weather, road, or traffic conditions may make a ride more difficult or risky. Notwithstanding this clause, Cycle Against Suicide is not responsible for cyclists not removed from the Event for any of these reasons.
Safety of Cyclist.
Representations and Warranties.
I represent and warrant that I am in proper physical condition to participate in this event, that I am a sufficiently competent cyclist to handle all road and traffic conditions, and that my bicycle is in safe operating condition.
18 years or older.
I also represent and warrant that I am age 18 or older.
Rules of the Road and other Safety Rules.
I agree to follow all Event rules, traffic laws, route markers, rules of the road, instructions of event organizers and local authorities, and proper and safe bicycling etiquette at all times. I understand that I may be removed from the Event for failure to do so, and will not be entitled to a refund.
Permission to Use of Images/GDPR.
I give permission to Cycle Against Suicide to use my image without payment during this EVENT or in any future Cycle Against Suicide materials should it appear in photos, video, or other recordings taken during this Event.
I understand that Cycle Against Suicide and its sponsors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged bicycles, bike components, luggage, or other personal property.
Cancellation or Interruption of Events.
I agree that the Cycle Against Suicide will not be responsible for any delay, interruption, or other failure to perform, and may cancel this Event for any circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
Liability Waiver of and Release of Claims:
I acknowledge that I derive personal satisfaction and a benefit by virtue of my participation and/or voluntarism with Cycle Against Suicide, and I willingly engage in The EVENT.
I understand that cycling and being near other people could expose me to COVID-19, and I expressly agree to assume that risk. I understand that COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organisation; that it is extremely contagious and is transmissible through close contact with infected people (many of whom may exhibit no symptoms); and that it may cause serious illness, disability, or death. I also understand that participating in The Event could put me in close contact with people infected by COVID-19 and expose me to the virus .
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST CYCLE AGAINST SUICIDE AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), and the different County Councils through which the Event route passes—and their respective affiliates, departments, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns—from all claims, liabilities, and injuries arising from or relating to my participation in this Event. This waiver includes negligence by any released entity or individual, but does not extend to gross negligence, recklessness, intentional misconduct, or any other liability that Irish law does not permit to be excluded by agreement.I understand that I am responsible for my own conduct and decisions while participating in this Event and further agree that this release applies to any claim arising from or relating to my participation in non-bicycling activities during an Event.
- INDEMNITY. As a participant, volunteer, or attendee, You recognize that your participation, involvement and/or attendance at any The EVENT is voluntary and may result in personal injury (including death) and/or property damage. By attending, observing or participating in the Activity, You acknowledge and assume all risks and dangers associated with your participation, You agree that: (a) the Cycle Against Suicide, (b) the property or site owner of the Activity, and (c) all past, present and future affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, volunteers, vendors, partners, directors, and officers, of such entities, will not be responsible for any personal injury (including death), property damage, or other loss suffered as a result of your participation in, attendance at, and/or observation of The EVENT, regardless if any such injuries or losses are caused by the negligence of any of the Released Parties.
- BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN CYCLE AGAINST SUCICIDE’S MIZEN TO MALIN CHALLEGNE, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. I agree to DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Cycle Against Suicide the sponsors and organisers of The Event, and the different County Councils through which an Event route passes—and their respective affiliates, departments,, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, successors, and assigns—against all claims and all losses and expenses that arise from or relate to my participation in this Event.
- Severability. I agree that, if any clause or provision of this Agreement is held unenforceable, the remainder of the Agreement shall be enforced.
- Binding Agreement. This Agreement is intended to be binding on me, my family, my heirs, my estate, my legal representatives, and my assigns.