DOLOMITES WALKING CHALLENGE 2021
Based in the stunning
Sun 29th Aug to Mon 06th Sept
From Sunday August 29th to Monday September 6th 2021, Cycle Against Suicide, working with Irish Company Hilltoptreks, invites you to join with them on a fundraising trek across the Dolomites. This will include seven full days of exercise and outdoor excursions through the alpine landscapes, taking in the Italian Alps first-hand for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Regardless of your hiking abilities, you will enjoy this outing. This is an outstanding way not only to meet friends but to stand up for a worthy cause. All funds support our schools’ programme, and because of the importance of developing mental health in teenagers, this programme has the potential to shape and even save lives, affording young people the tools and education that they need to stay healthy.
Idyllic and captivating, the Dolomites have thrilled visitors for generations. A mountain range in north eastern Italy, they have become a UNESCO World Heritage site in recent years, commanding huge tourism numbers, their colours rich and their jagged edges breath-taking. Underneath the mountains, however, the meadows roll on, welcoming in their softness, giving way to luxuriant forests. Whatever your preference, you will find more than one way to spend your time, the hikes known worldwide as accessible but challenging. There is something for everyone at the Dolomites, sometimes referred to as the “Pale Mountains” because of the carbonate rock that characterises their sides.
Now the important details
Included in cost:
- Return flights to Venice (Marco Polo Airport) on Aer Lingus
- 20kg luggage in the hold and 10kg cabin baggage allowance
- Return coach transfers from Venice (Marco Polo Airport) to Cortina d’Ampezzo (our base for the week)
- 6 nights’ accommodation in 3 star hotel in the village of Cortina d’Ampezzo and 1 night in the spectacular Mountain Rifugio
- Breakfast each morning
- Evening meal on arrival in Cortina d’Ampezzo and on arrival at mountain Rifugio (day 5)
- Guided walks each day (except rest day). Options to shorten the walk each day
- Packed lunch for each walker each walking day
- Cable cars and ski lifts (where required)
- Two full time guides (allows us to have fast or slow long or short walks each day)
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Travel to Venice or other activity on rest day
Rooms are booked on a double or twin basis, a single supplement does apply (€180). Limited availability for single rooms.
We are inviting you to join with Cycle Against Suicide in this adventure. To do so we are asking you to fundraise €1,950 per participant, with the following payment schedule:
€200 to be paid at time of registration
+€500 to be paid by May 7th 2021
+€1,250 to be paid by July 7th 2021
Registrations can be made by clicking on the button below. Further details to be advised by email.
- Cycle Against Suicide will fully support all your fundraising efforts with letters of authorisation, sponsorship cards and many other unique or maybe not-so-unique ways of reaching your target
- Cycle Against Suicide will host an information night (date and location to be notified). Hilltoptreks guides will be present as will other Cycle Against Suicide volunteers to answer any queries
- A number of training walks will be scheduled to suit all levels of fitness. This will be a great opportunity to improve your fitness, make friendships and maybe drink a coffee or two along the way
- Terms and conditions for this event can be viewed by clicking the following link Terms & Conditions