Niall Kerley, of iFitness Ireland, is the Cycle Against Suicide Bootcamps Officer and will be making regular blog entries on the types of training programmes that participants can pursue in advance of April 28th 2014. With more than 20 years in the fitness and sports coaching industry, Niall is well-equipped to provide practical advice to cyclists of all abilities and levels of experience.
As well as featuring contributions from Niall, the bootcamp blog will also bring you updates from other cyclists that are preparing for Cycle Against Suicide 2014. The blog posts will feature information on how to prepare your body, mind and, of course, your bicyle in advance of next spring. If you would be interested in telling us your story about how your preparations are going, feel free to contact us on email@example.com.
- Blog Post One: In this installation, Niall talks us through basic preparation of your bike before embarking on a long cycle. He also covers essential clothing and repair kit. Click here to read the full article.
- Blog Post Two: In this week’s post, Niall goes through the necessary steps to make sure you get an appropriately-sized bike before hitting the road. Click here for the full article
- Blog Post Three – Guest Blogger: Peter O’Connor, of the Easy Riders Cycling Group, writes this week’s blog, detailing his preparations for Cycle Against Suicide 2013. He also extends an invite to anyone living in the Dublin area that’s looking to join a training group. Click here to read the full article.
- Blog Post Four: For his next two blog posts, Niall will details some simple steps we can take to tackle the aches and pains that come with regular cycling. In this first blog, he tackles pains in the hands, feet and seat! Click here to read the full article.
- Blog Post Five – Guest Blogger: Joyce Gavin, from Body Firm Pilates, gives some practical tips and advice on how to maintain functional flexibility and avoid postural creep when your on the saddle. Click here to read the full article.